Monday, May 20, 2013

In my efforts to increase production and raise up my gardening surfaces, Straw Bale Gardening left over from last falls display will come in handy. to season the bales need to be watered, or seasoned and ours were under a lot of snow all winter, and it has now been raining for four days, I think they are ready. Rabbit manure is in good supply here thanks to Peter Rabbit, as is wonderful compost. I am planning to put zucchini seeds in there as well as some herbs. Here are the initial photos and the weekly progress photos of the rest of the Micro Urban Farm. the hardest part at this time of year is purchasing and moving bales.

I am going to put in the zucchini seeds and some of the herbs, since this is one of the sunniest spots in the garden.  I have read that watering very frequently is a key to success, so we will see if I can be disciplined in that once the rain stops.


Lots of rasperries have been transplanted and now to tackle the weeds in among the strawberries.  I have planted beets, swiss chard and lots more this week when the rain stops.  the asparagus has jumped ahead and the rhubarb looks like I will be able to make a rhubarb crisp for the last weekend of May.
 

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Popular Posts

handmade

Make It And Love It