while it is sometimes debatable whether or not crafts should be at Farmer's Markets, or should I be at Farmer's Markets I have decided that it meets my criterion for what is important.
Sometimes I only just cover my costs in attending to the event, but what I get out of it is "real" social interaction. The market is something I dearly miss from living in South America. It was a place to see and be seen, catch up on the local news (gossip) and find some funky goods and great locally grown food. I am not going to make the comparison to grocery shopping in our chain grocery stores, I don't think I need to.
I am looking forward to packing up my smaller pottery items and my precious vegetables from my micro urban farmer and heading off to Market. It's time to catch up with my local vendors, be outdoors for several hours at a time in the elements, and to be entertained by local buskers. The people watching is pretty great too. With 14 markets in the city, there is sure to be one close to you. See you there I hope!
Tags: events, farmer's, herbs, local, markets, outdoors, pottery, shop, summer
..Comment
Pottery and Gardening in the heartland of the Candian Prairies, the journey of a mom with too many fingers in too many pies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Applesauce Cake Ingredients 1 cup butter, room temperature 1 cup sugar 2 eggs 3 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon ...
-
You’re Invited to the Autumn Odyssey Craft Show! Saturday, October 15, 2011 9:30am-3pm #2-172 Lilac Street (Corner of McMilla...
-
Goblets are my nemesis. Every few years, I get requests for goblets or this time it was chalices for the church. I find them a real pain to...
-
I have wanted to work more with fabric and fiber for years. So I am going to start my journal here, I am trying to learn about eco dying. ...
-
a swaying palm back on the wheel coleus leaves in clay a crocheted doily Inspiration for new work comes from all kinds of places...
-
You know it's September when in spite of all your best efforts to deny, the kids go back to school. First day for us started with first...
-
September and October have become crazy busy months. Now that we are part of the "school" world I am having to accomodate more to...
-
Still have one more load to take out of the bisque, looks like only 1 explosion this time. That's an improvement anyway. Glazing away ...
-
The life lessons just don't quit. I was trying to bisque large plates and platters for the kiln going in tomorrow. I thought I fired t...
My Blog List
-
-
Thank You + A Goodbye8 months ago
-
Legacy Tools6 years ago
-
-
-
WEST Handmade and Vintage Sale V12 years ago
-
Wonderful Vineyard Sale12 years ago
-
-
-
No comments:
Post a Comment