Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring is on it's way.

Spring is on it's way, rainy and grey tomorrow with the promise of 13 degrees celsius for Monday. This is not a picture of now, but of last May. I need and want colour in my world, right now mounds of snow mould on the grass and bits of filty snow loaded up with sand and Unknown substances. This is not a pretty time in Winnipeg, but within a few weeks. I have seen my tulips, irises and peonies bravely peeking through. Unbelievably the zone 6 Wasabi plant appears to have survived. I love the shape of the leaves, and they make great impressions in the porcelain for dainty, tiny plates. Grow rhubarb grow, I want to see you too, for your leaves and your fruit. It's hard to wait as a gardener and a potter. We are off to our Spring tradition of "church sales" tomorrow. We love the hunt for treasures and the prices can't be beat.

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Popular Posts

handmade

Make It And Love It