Thursday, August 18, 2011

Recipe time!

I have always said this blog was about pottery and gardening two of my passions. There are others, but some are less bloggable than others. At any rate, I think it only makes sense to offer some of what happens to garden produce that we consume, that doesn't go to market. Alternately this may be an idea for some of my customers...we use swiss chard and zucchini interchangably. I think nutritionally swiss chard likely has the upper hand , and both are in abundance right now in this garden.

Hot Zucchini Squares


3 cups zucchini, grated or thinly sliced
1/4 cup onion, minced
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp. leaf oregano
3/4 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup canola oil

In a large bowl mix zucchini, onion,parsley, oregano,salt, garlic and cheese.

Stir in eggs and mix well.

In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, seasoned salt and pepper.

Mix well into zucchini mixture, then add melted butter and oil.

Pour into a 9 x 13 inch greased pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Cut into squares and serve warm. This freezes well.


2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

These sound delicious; I love zucchini recipes; I guess summer is recipe time I posted one too. Ha.

Anita's Pottery said...

Mmmmm...can't wait to try this with the last of summer zucchini I have here on the counter!

Thanks, Nancy, for posting!
anita

Follow Me on Pinterest

Popular Posts

handmade

Make It And Love It