Monday, November 14, 2011

Smashed to Bits!

The life lessons just don't quit.  I was trying to bisque large plates and platters for the kiln going in tomorrow.  I thought I fired the kiln slow enough to dry them out without risking explosion.  Boy was I wrong.  It looks like I blew up everything in the bisque. That means clay, work, electricity and more time all for naught.

I have decided to try to learn not to rush things as much, but knowing my character as I do, it is likely to happen again.  This long weekend was long on lessons and trying my patience as a potter and a mom...time to slow down and focus.  At least that's what I am saying on Monday....

1 comment:

Cloverleaf Art and Fibre said...

Oh Nancy! That is nasty. So sorry. Don't you wish sometimes the life lessons could just lighten up?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Popular Posts

handmade

Make It And Love It