Monday, June 11, 2012

A joyous time for a Gardening Mama

As a mother who is passionate about gardening I want to share these times with my son. Saturday was one of those special opportunities that you have to seize as a parent.  My 6 year old is fascinated with Harry Potter, magic and all things fantastical.  He had out his cauldron and was making a "potion" to make bugs legs disappear so they cannot eat our plants.



He began to ask if he could take some leaves off of a plant to put in his brew.  Well, carpe diem!  This was my chance to have him look at, smell and identify the properties of some of the plants and flowers in the garden.  We covered valerian, chives, lemon verbena, roses and a few other goodies.  We both had a wonderful time in the garden, and I hope we get to do it again soon.

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Popular Posts

handmade

Make It And Love It