Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lush with Tomatoes

I see lots of blogs and FB posts about tomatoes, and what to do with them.  The options are endless and I am hoping to make a batch of salsa in the next few days.  Today I thought I would share a simple recipe courtesy of Pineridge Hollow for Caprese salad.



It is easy peasy, just what we need now that school is back.
Caprese Salad
:

- Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes
- Bocconcini Cheese

- Balsamic Reduction or Vinegar

- Fresh Basil

- Salt and Pepper


This salad is versatile too and can be served in multiple ways. One way is to stack the tomatoes and

cheese, drizzle with balsamic reduction and top with fresh basil and salt and pepper.

Another option is to toss the cheese and tomtaoes (cherry tomatoes are great for this)

covering a whole plate and have them alternating. For this version, I like to marinate

everything to give it that extra something. Usually I will marinate it in balsamic vinaigrette, or just a

good olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt andpepper. I finish it with a balsamic reduction and

sprinkle it with basil and salt and pepper.


.







No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Popular Posts

handmade

Make It And Love It