Friday, April 11, 2014

Time to Sign Up!!!


Casi Cielo-CSA

My name is Nancy Bokland and my   Community Supported Agriculture project or micro Urban Farm, called Casi Cielo or Almost Heaven for 2014.  I have a small house on a big yard in Norwood/St. Boniface where I am living out the principle of grow food, not lawns and working to make it all an edible landscape. Since my “farm” is quite small, my plan is to offer a crate of fresh, organic (not certified) , locally grown fruit and vegetables on a weekly basis starting in mid- June until the end of September for a total of 14 weeks. I may take a break of a few weeks in July if we have a stall in growth like last year, but will “beef” up any slow weeks with baking and preserves.  DSC00584-2.JPG

I love growing food and flowers.  I love sharing the fruits of my labours with others, and would love to grow full time.  I want my customers to know how I grow the food, and even have input into what I grow, to match the needs of their family’s diet.  If you cannot pick up your vegetables due to travel or other summer time issues, please call and let me know if you are sending an alternate.  DSC00341-1.JPG

 

This year,  a full family  share in the Casi Cielo project will 325.00 or 23.21 per week.    The food will be fresh, full of nutrients and hand picked.  There is risk in any farming or gardening venture, but I will aim ensure a good quantity, with high quality food throughout the season.  Amounts  and types of produce will vary with the seasons, and the weather conditions. So far the list is potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, beans, beets, cucumbers, zucchini, peppers, kale, lettuce, spinach, rhubarb, butternut squash, ground cherries, hascaps, raspberries, strawberries, apples, blackberries, asparagus, okra, eggplant, basil, thyme, oregano, chives, lemon balm, sunchokes, snap peas.  My aim is to supply enough vegetables for a family of four, or two vegetarians for each week.  Pick up locations will be one mid city (downtown) point and my home in St. Boniface.  Pick ups will be on Thursday or Friday afternoons.

If you want to be a part of my farm dream comin alive; email me at nancyblokland@msn.com, with your name, address, and phone number.  deposit of 50.00 required by April 15th, with the remainder due June 1, 2014. Please call me with questions, concerns or requests at 204-799-3792

 

 

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Popular Posts

handmade

Make It And Love It